Alumni | Fellowship
The Fellowship Program
Returning alumni have always played an important role in the Marchutz School curriculum. Even Alan and John were “Alumni Fellows” in the ‘70s! Our recent Fellowship Program creates a special opportunity for returning alumni to work at the Marchutz School as artists, assistants, and apprentices, enriching the entire Marchutz curriculum with their focus and experience.
Fellows pursue their own practice alongside current students creating an atmosphere of youthful enthusiasm for painting and the study of art. They train as future art educators and administrators through observation of faculty members as they engage with students and assist in studio management and communications.
Recently, scholarships and housing stipends for the Fellowship Program have been made available through alumni donations.
Resident Alumni Fellows of the Marchutz School:
- O'Neill Cushman - (Alumnus Fall 2009) Resident Alumni Fellow Spring 2012, Fall 2014-present
- Charley Neff Umbarger - Alumnus 2009-'10, Resident Alumni Fellow Fall 2012-present
- Hilary Stein - Alumna Fall 2012, Resident Alumni Fellow Fall 2014-2015
- Kate Butler - Alumna Fall 2012, Resident Alumni Fellow Fall 2014-2015
- Nick Velleman - Alumnus Fall 2009, Resident Alumni Fellow Spring 2012
- Geremy Coy - Alumnus Summer 2006, Spring 2008, Resident Alumni Fellow
- Sarah Stickney - Alumna 2004-'05, Resident Alumni Fellow 2005-6
- Kate Gartrell - Alumna Fall 2001, Resident Alumni Fellow 2005-6
Fellowship Honorable Mentions:
- Mary Hamilton - Alumnus 2009-'10, Resident Artist 2011-present, Sculpture Workshop
- Sean Wittmeyer- Honorary Fellow Summer 2013, Architectural Design Studio
- Matt Leavitt - Honorary Fellow Summer 2013, Architectural Design Studio
- James Roberts - Resident Artist 2008-present, Sculpture Workshop